Thursday, June 12, 2008

doggies sick

The other night I was goin to bed and the dogs sleep in the bed also and I heard one of them hacking....and then my foot was warm....mmmm doggie barf on my foot thanks to Cookie. So I started to clean it up and Daisy also started hacking and before I could get to her....barf on my pillow...nice =(. I stayed up with the dogs in the living room because Brittnee had to be at work early. About an hour passed and I thought they were all done throwing up...WRONG..they were just done with solid food next was a mucus mix about every five minutes, I was up until about 3 in the morning so I called the 24 hr emergency line with the vet we take them to (he gets paid allot so I had no sympathy) he said it was most likely a stomach virus. So in the morning (7:30am) I drove them to the vet for shots and heart worm meds.

I found out what made them sick........they had been chewing on a flashlight that had a rubber coating on it and apparently that makes dogs really sick.

**I HATE BARF AND POOP (LIKE LIQUID POOP ON THE CARPET UNDER THE COUCH THAT KIND OF POO)

6 comments:

James and Caitlin said...

Well, Cookie is probably just paying you back for naming him 'cookie'.... Daisy probably did it because she's a follower :) I do feel for ya though... puke and runny poo is not fun for anyone :(

Chad and Carole said...

Doesn't it just make you so happy that you're doing that...just for a couple of dogs? Just think, when you have kids, you'll be an expert! hahaha!

The Lairds said...

ew, gross. I totally understand how you feel Ry-guy. It's no fun to have to be up at the crack of dawn cleaning poop and barf off your.....bed, couch, floor, etc. It sounds like you need to do some more doggie proofing in your house. :)

Bethany said...

yuck!! No fun staying up late and cleaning awful looking and smelling things. Hope you recover and get a good night sleep on your clean pillow.

Chad and Carole said...

Alright, you need to put something else on your blog so every time I look at it I don't think about dog poo.

The Lairds said...

I'll second carole's comment. hehehe. That's pretty funny though. :)